web.whatsapp.com Login : WhatsApp is a messenger app which can be downloaded for free on smartphones of different operating systems. With a working internet connection, it can be used to share all kinds of media like text messages, images, videos, audio files, documents, links, etc. It is just like a text messaging app but using internet minimizes it’s cost of usage.
Tired of having to use WhatsApp only by your phone? Tired of having to use a tiny keyboard to type all those long messages and view content on that tiny screen? Let’s admit it, the bigger the screen, the better would be your experience. Cut your eyes some slack. WhatsApp has now brought that flexibility to you. WhatsApp can now be accessed through web on your PC. In this article, we will be learning how to access and login into WhatsApp through web.
What is WhatsApp Web? @web.whatsapp.com
WhatsApp has made it possible to have access your conversations, media, documents, etc., on WhatsApp through your PC. Not just that, you can now access WhatsApp through phone PC, tablet etc simultaneously. As per the guidelines on the support page of WhatsApp, this service can be accessed on two operating systems namely, iOS and Windows on a PC. WhatsApp web is nothing but a mirror image of your WhatsApp on a smartphone. It has an awesome user interface.
WhatsApp on your smartphone is mirrored onto your PC with the help of a proper internet connection. So, you will still need access to a proper internet connection or Wi-Fi on your smartphone in order to access WhatsApp through web.
So, if you don’t have proper internet connection available on your smartphone, say you are travelling and you are in a whole other country without access to internet, sorry to say, you cannot access WhatsApp via web either in that case. Hence, it is essential that your smartphone has access to data or internet connectivity in order to use it on another device.
What are the software Requirements for WhatsApp web? | web.whatsapp.com
According to the guidelines provided on the official website of WhatsApp, in order to access either of the products of WhatsApp, WhatsApp web or the desktop app of WhatsApp, your smartphone should be operating on the following operating systems:
- IOS 8.1 or above
- Windows 8.0 and 8.1
- Nokia S60, Nokia S40 EVO
- Blackberry and Blackberry 10
WhatsApp is limited to only the above operating systems on phone for now. Let us move on to how to set up WhatsApp web.
Steps for Setting up WhatsApp web at web.whatsapp.com
All you need to do to access WhatsApp through web is to pair your smartphone with WhatsApp web. But, before that, you need to update your WhatsApp phone app with the latest update of which allows to access WhatsApp through web and has included a QR code scanner option. After doing so, follow the guidelines below. learn more at web.whatsapp.com
- If you are using any of the web browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Safari on iOS, Opera, etc., please navigate to the below link which will take you the website of WhatsApp web.
- A QR code will be displayed on your PC screen. All you need to do with the QR code is to scan the code using the WhatsApp phone app. There are instructions provided under the QR code in order to assist you in finding the scanning option on the WhatsApp phone app. But, let us discuss them here anyway.
How to scan the QR code on iOS device:
- Open WhatsApp phone app on the iOS phone and tap on the settings option on the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- You will find an option which says WhatsApp Web/Desktop. Tap on that option.
- Then you will find the Scan QR Code option which will be the last option on the screen displayed under the list of devices that you have logged in WhatsApp Web and another option which says ‘Log out of all devices. Tap on that option.
- If you have not logged in on any devices, then you will be taken directly to the page where you have to scan the QR code.
- The page says ‘Go to we.whatsapp.com on your computer and scan the QR code.
- If you are unable to scan the QR code, please Exit and relaunch the app.
How to scan the QR code on an Android device:
- Open WhatsApp phone app on the Android phone and tap on the three dots the right-top corner and select WhatsApp Web.
- Scan the QR code from your computer.
After you scan the QR code from your phone, you can view your WhatsApp conversations, media, shared documents, etc., from there. You can not only view all the above, but also send text messages, media, documents, links, emojis, voice messages, songs, view the contacts list and receive WhatsApp notifications on your computer itself. As WhatsApp Web is just a web layout mirror of the authentic WhatsApp phone app, it will look just like your WhatsApp phone app but quite large compared to it.web.whatsapp.com helps to learn more about whatsapp web.
That is how you set up WhatsApp Web on your PC. Now, let us move on to using WhatsApp Desktop App.
How to set up WhatsApp Desktop App | web.whatsapp.com
The process of setting up WhatsApp Desktop application is just similar to that of the WhatsApp Web. Only extra task at hand here is to download the WhatsApp Desktop application and install it on your PC before doing that.
- Go to the website below and download the Windows or Mac version of the WhatsApp Desktop Application on your PC.
- After downloading the file, the users who use a Mac will have to unzip the downloaded file and then move the WhatsApp from the file to the Applications folder. Those of you who are using Windows need to run the .exe file and follow-up with the prompts to complete the installation.
- Now, when you launch the application on either of the devices, you will see a QR code. You will have to go to the WhatsApp phone app and scan the QR code from the app with the help of the steps fore-mentioned in the article.
- Once you scan the QR code, you will be able to access all your conversations, media, shared documents, etc., on your WhatsApp phone app from the Desktop App.
It is recommended to connect your device to a proper Wi-Fi connection in order to be able to use WhatsApp without any obstacles in either of the cases.
web.whatsapp.com – Security Warning
Once you are logged into the Desktop app or the website, anyone who has an access to your PC will have an access to your WhatsApp. They will be able to view your conversations, your media, your contacts, etc. But, it’s no big deal if your PC is protected by a password. But, make sure you log out from the app or website after you are done using it if at all you are using them from a public computer from an internet-café or something like that.
How to log out from WhatsApp Web and WhatsApp Desktop App?
There are two ways of logging out from the device that you have logged in from.
- In order to log out from WhatsApp Web or from the Desktop App, click on the three-dot menu and click on Log out.
- In case, you have forgot to log out from the device that you have logged into the WhatsApp Web or Desktop App, you can do it from the WhatsApp phone app. Open the WhatsApp phone app on your phone, go to settings, the place where you scanned your QR code from, and tap on log out of all devices or select the specific device that you want to log out from and log out from it.
We have reached the end of the article on how to use WhatsApp web login. If you have any further queries on how to login and use WhatsApp Web, feel free to drop a comment in the comment’s section of this post so that we can get back to you accordingly.